The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new set of European Union (EU) regulations due to come into force on 25 May 2018. It will change how organisations process and handle data, with the key aim of giving greater protection and rights to individuals.
- What laws currently govern data protection in the UK?
- Will the GDPR still apply to the UK after Brexit?
- So what’s new?
- What are the main principles of the GDPR?
- What is personal data?
- How will the GDPR affect scheme members?
- How will members know that their pensions administrator is GDPR compliant?
- Why do pensions administrator hold personal data?
- Who do pensions administrators share personal data with?
- Can scheme members ask for their data to be deleted?
- What happens if there is a data breach?