Fire Pension Scheme

Customer Care

We value you as a member and are committed to providing you with a high quality service at every stage of your scheme membership.

We are committed to dealing effectively with any feedback you have about our services. If we have made a mistake we will apologise and will try to put things right as soon as possible. 

We review complaints regularly and wherever possible, we use this information to improve the way we do things. We also welcome comments and compliments about the services we have provided.

If you wish to contact the Dyfed Pension Fund, please make use of the Contact Us page.

Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure

If you, or your dependant, is dissatisfied with a decision made by the Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) (or the failure to make a decision), there are rights of appeal available. There is an appeal procedure for someone who is dissatisfied with a determination that was based on a medical opinion, where they believe the fault lies in the medical opinion. For any other grievance, the FRS must have in place arrangements for Internal Dispute Resolution Procedures (IDRP), based on the requirements of the Pensions Act 1995.

If dissatisfied with a 'medical award' and you believe the problem lies in the medical opinion, you can appeal against the opinion to a Board of Medical Referees. (Before this stage, however, if the member provides new evidence of a medical nature and the member and the FRS agree, the IQMP can be asked to review the medical opinion in the light of the new evidence).

If the grievance of a FPS 1992 member, a dependant, or a pension credit member relates to a decision made by the Fire & Rescue Service, unrelated to the content of a medical opinion, or is in respect of a non-medical aspect of the opinion, you can use the IDRP to seek resolution. The grievance will be considered by the FRS and a written response made.

For further information regarding the medical appeal procedures, the IDRP process and the relevant time limits, please contact your Fire & Rescue Service.

Please Note

If you have a complaint or dispute concerning your workplace or personal pension arrangements you should contact:

The Pensions Ombudsman


If you have general requests for information or guidance concerning your pension arrangements contact:

The Pensions Advisory Service