There are 3 types of employing authority within the LGPS.
A scheduled body is a statutorily defined body within the scheme's regulations and has a statutory obligation to participate in the Scheme.
The Dyfed Pension Fund's current Scheduled Bodies with pensionable employees include:
1) Carmarthenshire County Council
2) Ceredigion County Council
3) Coleg Ceredigion
4) Coleg Sir Gar
5) Dyfed-Powys Police
6) Mid & West Wales Fire & Rescue Service
7) Pembrokeshire College
8) Pembrokeshire Cost National Parks
9) Pembrokeshire County Council
Like scheduled bodies, designating bodies are listed in a schedule within the LGPS regulations. Normally, Town and Community Councils make up the bulk of designating bodies, and again the authority has the power to state who is eligible to join the scheme, providing that the admission criteria is met.
The Dyfed Pension Fund's current Designated Bodies with pensionable employees include:
1) Aberystwyth Town Council
2) Carmarthen Town Council
3) Cwmaman Town Council
4) Gorslas Community Council
5) Kidwelly Town Council
6) Llanbadarn Fawr Community Council
7) Llanedi Community Council
8) Llanelli Rural Council
9) Llanelli Town Council
10) Llangennech Community Council
11) Llannon Community Council
12) Pembrey & Burry Port Town Council
13) Pembroke Dock Town Council
14) Pembroke Town Council
15) Tenby Town Council
There are two types of admission bodies, a Community Admission body (CAB) and a Transferee Admission body (TAB). Certain types of employers can participate in the LGPS via an admission agreement negotiated with the Dyfed Pension Fund. Community Admission bodies include those organisations that provide a public service otherwise for the purposes of gain and has sufficient links with a Scheme Employer to be regarded as having community interest.
Changes to the LGPS have permitted staff transferred where a service has been outsourced to the private sector to be offered membership of a broadly comparable pension scheme, of for the private sector employer to be offered membership of the LGPS under an admission agreement, known as a Transferee Admission body.
In order to gain access to the scheme, a TAB must deem to provide a service or assets in connection with the exercise of a function of a Scheme Employer.
The Dyfed Pension Fund's current Admission Bodies with pensionable employees include:
1) Aberystwyth University
2) Barcud Cyf. (formerly Tai Ceredigion Cyf.)
3) Burry Port Marina Ltd
4) Ceredigion Association of Voluntary Organisations (CAVO)
5) Careers Wales West
6) Carmarthenshire Association of Voluntary Services (CAVS)
7) Carmarthenshire Federation of Young Farmers
8) Cwmni Iaith (Iaith Cyf.)
9) Leonard Cheshire Disability
10) Llesiant Delta Wellbeing Ltd
11) Menter Bro Dinefwr
12) Menter Cwm Gwendraeth Elli
13) Menter Gorllewin Sir Gar
14) Menter Nedd a Afan
15) Narberth & District Community & Sports Association.
16) Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services (PAVS)
17) Pembrokeshire Tourism Ltd
19) Pobl Group (formerly Grwp Gwalia Cyf.)
20) SWIM NARBERTH
21) University of Wales - Trinity Saint David
22) Welsh Books Council
23) West Wales Action for Mental Health
24) West Wales Valuation Tribunal
If you wish to receive further information about becoming an Admission Body, please contact the Dyfed Pension Fund.