Within the FPS 2007, there are injury and compensation provisions.
All of the following have cover for an injury award subject to satisfying the conditions for eligibility:
- a whole-time or part-time regular firefighter;
- a firefighter undertaking retained duties;
- a volunteer firefighter;
- other employees of a Fire and Rescue Service (FRS) in certain circumstances and at the discretion of the FRS;
- a surviving spouse or civil partner or child of the above; and
- a dependent relative of a firefighter at the discretion of the FRS.
Cover is also provided for firefighters who are called up for Reserve Forces Service.