Local Pension Board - Member Representative27/04/2018
Carmarthenshire County Council, the Administering Authority for the Dyfed Pension Fund, is looking for a new Member Representative to replace an existing representative for the Local Pension Board.
In accordance with the LGPS Governance Regulations 2015, a Local Pension Board was introduced in April 2015 to ensure that the scheme continues to be well managed and represented at local level. This Board is responsible for assisting the administering authority and performs an oversight role, to:
• Secure compliance with the LGPS Regulations and any other legislation relating to the governance and administration of the Scheme and any other connected scheme, and any requirements imposed by the Pensions Regulator in relation to the Scheme, and
• Ensure the effective and efficient governance and administration of the scheme.
The Board consists of:
• 3 member representatives, and
• 3 employer representatives, and
• 1 non-voting Independent Chair
More detailed information can be found in the Role Specification and Terms of Reference documents attached.
If you are interested in sitting on the Local Pension Board as a Member Representative, you must be an active, deferred or pensioner member. To apply, please submit an email attachment to PensionBoard@carmarthenshire.gov.uk explaining in no more than 500 words the reason for wanting to be considered for this role and how you meet the role specification. Please include your full name, telephone number and your employer’s name, or previous employer if you are a deferred or pensioner member.
Closing date for applications is 31 May 2018.
All applications will be evaluated against the role specification and shortlisted accordingly.