Croeso i wefan Cronfa Bensiwn Dyfed
Welcome to the Dyfed Pension Fund website

Fire Pension Scheme

Appeals & Complaints

If you, or your dependant, is dissatisfied with a decision made by the Fire & Rescue Service (FRS) (or the failure to make a decision), there are rights of appeal available. There is an appeal procedure for someone who is dissatisfied with a determination that was based on a medical opinion, where they believe the fault lies in the medical opinion. For any other grievance, the FRS must have in place arrangements for Internal Dispute Resolution Procedures (IDRP), based on the requirements of the Pensions Act 1995.

If dissatisfied with a 'medical award' and you believe the problem lies in the medical opinion, you can appeal against the opinion to a Board of Medical Referees. (Before this stage, however, if the member provides new evidence of a medical nature and the member and the FRS agree, the IQMP can be asked to review the medical opinion in the light of the new evidence).

If the grievance of a FPS 1992 member, a dependant, or a pension credit member relates to a decision made by the Fire & Rescue Service, unrelated to the content of a medical opinion, or is in respect of a non-medical aspect of the opinion, you can use the IDRP to seek resolution. The grievance will be considered by the FRS and a written response made.

For further information regarding the medical appeal procedures, the IDRP process and the relevant time limits, please contact the Fire & Rescue Service.

Please Note

If you have a complaint or dispute concerning your workplace or personal pension arrangements you should contact:

The Pensions Ombudsman

Tel: 0800 917 4487

Website: www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk


If you have general requests for information or guidance concerning your pension arrangements contact:

The Pensions Advisory Service   

Tel: 0800 011 3797

Website: www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/